Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Blackouts - History in Reverse


K [2004]

FUCK.

So the other day, while browsing the World Wide Web, I discovered that I was a stupid idiot. I came about this epiphany abruptly after hearing this here band The Blackouts and realizing that I had spent all of my (obviously worthless) life up to that point in complete ignorance of one of the greatest things that exists. After a short bout of self loathing and utter despair, I decided to grant myself another shot at living and listened to this album about 6,000,000(... etc.) times. After the period of self-medicating with The Blackouts, I am happy to report that I not only do I still want to continue living, but that I also want to buy a saxophone again...

Ps. The Blackouts are an incredible post punk band that formed in 1979 and they are better than most other things that exist. They are rhythmic, dark, and sassy. Those 3 ingredients not only make a great dancer (wah, wah), but are also the recipe for a perfect band.

Pss. This is a compilation of material recorded between 1979 and 1984.

Download

1 comment:

  1. NICE!!! PUNK ROCK MY LIFE!! BLESSINGS FROM COLOMBIA SOUTH AMERICA...

    ReplyDelete