Sunday, January 8, 2012

United Sons of Toil - When the Revolution Comes, Everything Will Be Beautiful

 
 Phratry [2011]

I don't get it... Someone finally put out a good anthemic protest record and Crimethinc is nowhere to be found?... At least the black bloc can throw out their shitty Catharsis records now... This this is the stuff window-smashers have been waiting for...

When I first heard this record I was stoked.... All the members of Buzzoven started a post-hardcore band?!!!! I'm Sold!
I was wrong though. It's actually a trio of dudes from Madison, WI that like noise rock and class struggle.
It really does sound like Buzzoven playing post-hardcore. I promise. Listen to it. Tell me I'm wrong (actually don't, I have a very fragile self image and I might off myself if you criticize me).

Musically, the band offers a heavy sound laced with both melody and dissonance. The juxtaposition of "soft" and "harsh" reminds me Today is the Day...

I like it...




Buy here
The band's website

1 comment: