Thursday, September 8, 2011

Mercury Players - Hollywood or Bust


Bovine [1992]

I rarely download singles or 7" records. The internet already facilitates the "lazy, digital music hoarding fuck" in me to an extent that I would/ could never defend. I mean, I buy records frequently, but at this point it's often of albums I already know and love. Less frequently do I find myself picking up cool-looking records on a whim. That may be a part of the reason I avoid downloading 7"'s. Perhaps it is one final, sacred medium that I can save for virginal audio adventures. There is nothing more exciting than the first time hearing the B-side of a  record you have been chasing for years. You know what I mean loyal readers of HIMK...

Anyway, forget what I just said cuz this record will make your dick/ clitoris get HUGE. Pre- US Maple members playing fantastically dark noise rock/ post hardcore with vocals that would make my boy David Yow turn in his grave (if he was dead). A perfect representation of what Deklab, IL had to offer back in the early 90's. These guys and Festering Rinyanyons are by far my favorite part of the Bovine catalog.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment