Saturday, July 9, 2011

Silver Apples - Contact


Kapp [1969]

I have been dusting off some prolifically classic shit lately, so deciding on something to "share" has been difficult. After some internal struggle, Silver Apples managed to beat out Roy Orbison for my attention (barely)....

Silver Apples is one of those bands that changed the way I listen to music. You know what I'm talking about. Bands that inspire an "oh fuck" face every time you listen to them. Bands that make you want to start a band. Bands that make you wanna quit music all-together out of shear jealousy. Bands that make you want to cum. Silver Apples is one of those bands for me. Suicide, The Birthday Party, and Faust are others. Anyway...

I'm not gonna come out and say that Contact is better than the band's self titled first release. I'm not gonna dig that hole for myself. All I can say is the band's sophomore effort does something indescribably sexy for me. It just does. The first album is awe-inspiring, for sure, but Contact just has this... swagger... That pre-Kraut slickness just has a sense of maturity to it by this point. Maybe it's just the banjos.... those fucking banjos... perfect...

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment