Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rabble Rabble - Why not b/w Long Hook 7"


Self Released [2011]

Got this thrown my way and thought I would tell the internet what I thought about it...

Rabble Rabble is a band from Chicago. That's a great quality to have in a band... being from Chicago. The city apparently breeds a sort of artful grit and attitude unmatched by places like LA, San Francisco, and New York. Chicago bands have a sort of uninstigated confidence that makes their music seem important. Rabble Rabble reflects this phenomenon fantastically. This single is a delightful psych/garage adventure which exudes both professionalism and playfulness. A noisy yet "together" pop sensibility An experimental maturity. It's a Chicago thang...
The 7" specifically is a melodic bag full of reverberated wah and catchy vocal hooks. It's almost like a psychedelic grunge thing. Like a psychedelic version of Mudhoney... (maybe that's just me). I like it.

P.S. Everything I just said about Chicago is probably bullshit... except the part about the band. They are still great. Listen to this.

Full 7" can be listened to here

No comments:

Post a Comment