Wednesday, April 27, 2011

COUGHS-Secret Passage

I know little to nothing about this band. I know they are from Chicago. I know they broke up in roughly 2008(???) I know they have a split with Night Wounds I've been seeking forever. I know their drums break my brain. My ladypartner recently alerted me to this video (a show which she was in attendance[!!!]):
This serves only to add to my confusion.

CUT TO THE CHASE: (Neo)No wave. Angry. Choppy. Sounds that you-don't-know-what-the-hell-that-is. A cacophony of instruments that somehow all works together better than anything you've ever heard or dreamt of hearing. 

I'm drinking my second post-work ginandbacardiandbloodorangejuice right now and the wind is knocking over goddamn road signs, but I'm about to ride a bike anyways. I will be listening to this on my expedition to downtown Portland and I think you should too.